Monday, January 18, 2010

Im a neglectful blogger

So I wanted to do a blog about my life while swimming but I got lazy. Lazy due in part of how long each entry took me to write. I suck at writing and there it no denying it. To best bring things up to speed in my life, I will give a bulleted list. This is a list of thoughts and events taking place in my life...some funny and some serious...I will be better at posting in the future.

- Training at usc is very different training back home...but good and I like it
-Swam a meet in Minnesota then later hoped in the lake in my underoo's
-Got a job volunteering at hydrahead records....hurray free records and abuse
-I biked from my house (USC) to pasadena in a day...17 miles...cuz it sounds pretty cool to say you have done that
-my best female friend hung out with me in cali and we had a blast.....thanks to megan
- Im dating a girl name Megan who I met through a old college friend...shes lovely
-Saw pink floyds "dark side of the moon" at the lazer dome...hurray freaks and geeks throw back
-I went to the Long beach aquarium and had a blast
-Met The original singer of black flag along with the original bassist the following week
-Im excited for long course season
-My brothers wife had a child named Carys and Im the godfather...traveled to Ireland for Christening....she precious
-USC swim parties are just as caddy and boring as gmu swimming parties....usc swimmers are jsut quicker in the pool
-Saw converge play in a big concert hall...sounded great butit sucked, small clubs are better...Mastadon was trippy with their LED screen playing but awesome
-I do not have a car. I bike everywhere. 6 mile bike ride thats one way is nothing.
-Caught one of my favorite bands "these arms are snakes" final show in LA..will be missed
-I realized Cali people are friendly but kinda fake
-In the last 5 months Ive driven a car 5 times altogether in Cali
-Living off my parents is cool but not enough now that savings are gone
-Ran around with my best guy friends in LA for Travis's sisters wedding and had a blast
-Realized I have 40 records left to finish my converge collection
-Im in band called Columbian necktie and front it
- My band mates are from the same hometown as me and we use to go to the same shows and didnt even know each other
-Spent my first Thanksgiving away from my family...no one makes stuffing like mom
- no matter how hard practice is, swimming outside makes it sooooo much better and easier
-Ive never watched so much tv in my life since I moved to Cali
-I realized I miss good friends and family but not necessarily Virginia
-Met the drummer of Maserati after they opened for MONO..he signed my record and 2 weeks later died by falling out of a elevator
-Met Lydia lunch from Teenage jesus and the jerks after they performed and she signed my record
- 3 out of 4 of my closest guy friends are engaged....oh dear god
-I need a job
-My first bike got stolen over Christmas break...Im now digging my landlords garden cuz it was their bike i was loned
-My new bike fits me properly and I love it...its name is pigpen
-Id rather be busy and tired than bored and tired
-Ive been to the wall where Elliott smiths "figure 8" album was photographed
- society as a whole bums me out as a whole but individuals make my life

music Ive picked up while in cali: pissed jeans, HEALTH, Touche Amore, Graf Orlock, the xx, bon iver, neon indian, Phantograms, Lightening bolt, Corrosion of conformity, Cave in, Youth of today, judge, Xasthur, Keelhaul, Gorilla biscuit, cold cave and more

I will be more regular on my posts

No comments:

Post a Comment