Friday, August 28, 2009

Music and shows




The other night I borrowed a teammates car and caught Deerhunter play at the Performing arts center in eagle rock. The concert was in support of the bicycle and film fest. I got free pink handle grips for my bike. I love Deerhunter. There a mix of rock and shoegaze (heavy layers of distortion) and the member of the band are just really great people. Ive seen them twice before and after each show they are more than happy to chat with you and shoot the shit. Just a great all around band.

The show was organized and set up by Keith Morris which is the original singer of Black flag. I introduced myself but he wasnt overly friendly. Kind of a downer. Im a huge fan of his works with that band and the circle jerks....hes 5o something, Hope I dont grumpy and short with people when i get old.




I also stole a huge poster thats in support of Fuck Yeah Fest on September 5th. A huge list of awesome bands play at a public park all day for 20 bucks, Very stoked, bought two tickets and need someone to be my partner in crime. This concert will rule...This concert is also organized by the lovely keith morris and this video is him talking about it a bit at Amobea

Strangelights- Deerhunter
check it out..there lovely...also recommend songs cryptograms and twlight at carbon lake



1 comment:

  1. Your link to Eric's blog is incorrect. It's http://theramenking.tumblr.com/

    Also, you need to link to my blog.

    ReplyDelete